REF: Security Officers x 10 (Days/evenings)- Shopping Centre
Cavendish has been asked to source 10 x Day/evening security officers for Lakeside Shopping centre in Essex.
The security officer is the public face of the security team and should act with professionalism always, a can-do attitude is essential in this highly influential role.
At lakeside the aim is to create a great and safe experience for customers, which in turn means that they stay longer and return more. This assists retailers to flourish by increasing footfall and spend.
The Security Officer is accountable to the security manager for the support and delivery of security within the site.
You will ensure exemplary standards of security and customer service are provided to the client and visitors to the site. You are the public face of the security team and should act with professionalism always. A can-do attitude is essential in this highly influential role.
Key day to day responsibilities:
- To be part of a team in a roster pattern.
- To readily interact with all visitors / tenants within the buildings, delivering a world class customer focused service.
- Carry out regular patrols of the centre as detailed in the security assignment instructions being proactive and always following the company security strategy.
- Ensure compliance with all company procedures, centre processes and external bodies including enforcement agencies and auditory bodies.
- Ensure a timely response to all security issues and events.
- Be professional, pleasant, friendly, courteous and helpful always whilst carrying out duties to the highest levels.
- To ensure exemplary standards in personal grooming, strictly adhering to the site uniform requirements.
- Continuously look for opportunities to be of assistance to visitors to the centre proactively helping wherever opportunities arise.
- To ensure that the centre is a safe and non-threatening environment for all visitors / tenants.
- Ensuring all incidents are managed in accordance with company and centre policies and procedures.
- Liaising with the security manager, proactively reacting to incidents and ensuring colleagues are fully briefed and supported.
- To deal efficiently and effectively with emergencies including fire and bomb scares ensuring the onsite team and client are always kept fully informed.
- Intelligent understanding of human behaviour, monitoring and surveillance of suspect individuals logging and reporting incidents in line with company and centre polices.
- Maintain vigilance and highlight / manage unauthorised access by banned persons.
- Provide assistance to third party contractors / visitors ensuring all company and centre procedures / policies are adhered too.
- Maintain continuous monitoring of centre radio systems always adhering to correct radio procedures.
- Diligent management and maintenance of centre records / reference materials including health and safety records, incident forms and the daily occurrence book.
- To provide regular liaison and timely feedback to the management team on all aspects of service delivery, implementing effective solutions and corrective action to enhance the service.
- Report any event that may be detrimental to the fulfilment of the provision of security to the security team leader/security manager.
- Support the security manager with any internal / external audits in line with company policies and procedures.
- Make certain that the continuous improvement process is an integral part of service delivery increasingly adding value to both the company and the centre.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Able to articulate clearly and credibly with the centre management, senior managers and all staff.
- Must have a good personality and ability to communicate with the public in what is a customer focused and engaging role.
- Capability to work unsupervised and take responsibility.
- Aptitude to remain calm under pressure.
- Smart appearance.
- Flexible/Can do attitude.
- Smart appearance.
- Must be able to attend work in line with shift pattern through own transport or public transport and have ability to be flexible with shift start and finish times.
Qualifications and experience:
- Front Line SIA licence.
- Security experience of at least 2+ Years.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment.
- First aid qualified or willing to work towards qualification.
- Good & Clear communication needed.
Hours: 40 Hr Shift Pattern of 4 on 4 off which consists of:
- Earlies: 7am-7pm
- Lates: 10am-10pm
(2 x 1-hour breaks).
Rate: £11.05 p.h
Location: Lakeside Shopping Centre - West Thurrock - Essex