Position: Security & Operations Manager
Palmer McCarthy have been instructed to identify and recruit a Security & Operations Manager for The New West End Company.
The New West End Company (NWEC) is a business partnership of 600 UK & international retailers, restaurateurs, hoteliers and property owners in the world’s top shopping and leisure destination, anchored by Bond Street, Oxford Street and Regent Street. They work across 80 streets, representing 150,000 employees.
They operate in partnership delivering transformational projects, sustainable place management, destination marketing, advocacy, inward investment and commercial insights.
They are an influential business voice, active in our wider community and a key partner in delivering a new West End.
The NWEC business is now seeking a Security & Operations Manager to join their Place Management team. This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining the business, with a number of workstreams coming online over the next few months, including a five-year business plan, a new security strategy and contract, Crossrail opening and the Oxford Street District transformation.
The quality of the public realm environment is of paramount importance for their members. Attracting domestic and international visitors to the West End requires a world class place management service, keeping the streetscape safe, customer-centric, and enjoyable. The new Security & Operations Manager will be the tactical lead for the delivery of the Safety & Security portfolio outlined within the business plan and will be responsible for several security teams including day and night provisions, a GSOC intelligence function and a data analyst.
Permanent contract based from Regent Street (Home working during times of lockdown).
Why work for New West End Company
A non-profit company, straddling the line between corporate and public sector.
- A chance to work for a unique company on a broad range of projects, across the public and private sector.
- Based on Regent Street in the heart of the West End but with flexibility to work from home
- Truly transformational projects on the way including Crossrail, Oxford Street District transformation and the South Molton Triangle Development
- A dynamic and fast-paced security environment requiring a holistic approach to security-risk management.
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of the New West End Company’s strategic security plan.
- Develop partnerships with community safety teams and partners to ensure security requirements are fully integrated and effective.
- Bring new ideas and innovation to the place management function.
- Contract manage Key Performance Indicators within an overarching security contract encompassing 14-day security officers, 5 overnight dog patrol officers, a GSOC capability and data analyst
- Forecasting and budgeting for security workstreams and projects
- Send weekly operational updates to members via a customer relationship management system.
- Manage a digital radio network, involving periodic auditing of digital infrastructure and account management of third-party contracts.
- Send instant alerts and communications via a mass notification platform.
- Engaging with members at all levels of seniority to problem solve and deliver enhanced customer service.
- Organise and deliver a monthly intelligence sharing meeting with key members, MPS & partners.
- Attend Westminster City Council (WCC) Local Problem-Solving Meetings and Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) tasking meetings.
- Produce monthly crime reports identifying problematic areas and resultant action plans.
- Coordinate the reporting of begging/rough sleeping to outreach teams and MPS/WCC when necessary.
- Plan and deliver crime prevention projects which directly benefit member businesses, for example commercial forensic marking.
- Work collaboratively with community safety teams to implement Criminal Behaviour Orders, Community Protection Notices and Exclusion Notice Schemes to serial offenders.
- Manage a secure intelligence system with access to Police National Computer and CCTV images of offenders.
- Attend West End Security Group meetings to develop and initiate local counter-terrorism projects, for example Operation Servator.
- Security-risk lead for the planning and delivery of road closure events for NWEC, for example Christmas Light activations
- Work alongside Westminster City Council to plan the place management strategy for the £150m Oxford Street transformational works.
- Keeping up to date with relevant changes in security and community safety legislation
Other Key Tasks:
- Assist Associate Director of Place Management to review internal business continuity and crisis management plans.
- Deliver internal tabletop exercises to staff members and partners.
- On call capability for weekend or busy periods to provide internal resiliency.
Essential Experience & Skills:
- Detailed understanding of policing and community safety legislation.
- Evidence of previous security experience working with a BID, retail environment, or police/military.
- A degree in a security, policing or terrorism discipline is advantageous (but not essential).
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Efficient multi-tasker working to deadlines whilst keeping a calm and positive attitude.
- High attention to detail; visual, written, organisational, planning, data & budgeting.
- Good level of word processing skills including Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Experience of contract management and budgeting.
*Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, per the needs and business objectives of the Company.
£40,000 - £50,000 salary depending upon experience.
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Private health insurance
- Death in Service insurance
- Income protection insurance
- Up to 5% matching pension contribution
- Notice period - 12 weeks.
Interested parties should apply by sending a copy of their resume to Palmer McCarthy for the attention of John Palmer: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.